The second round of grants for the Façade and Property Improvement Grant Program is now available to the West Washington Street Corridor.
- Grants from $1,000 – $20,000
- Business and property owners can receive reimbursement for up to 50% of the cost of the façade improvement
- Applications open May 17th – June 18th followed by an approximate two weeks review period before awards are made.
- For more information: https://www.lisc.org/
indianapolis/what-we-do/ opportunity/facade-and- property-improvement-program/
- Minority, immigrant and women-owned properties and businesses
- Commercial property or businesses located in LISC neighborhoods
- Façade improvements that incorporate design elements to prevent crime (see CPTED Tips for Businesses document attached)
- COVID-19 Adaptations (signage, attached awning, walk-up service window, permanent outdoor seating structures, etc.)
- Commercial properties that are vacant and do not have identified an end use (office, retail, etc.) or a tenant (at least a letter of intent) are not going to be as competitive.
- Applicants that would like to request façade grant funds to cover exterior lighting are encouraged to read the CPTED Tips for Businesses and Commercial Properties section on eligible exterior lighting fixtures (see CPTED Tips for Businesses document attached).
- Façade Improvement Grant funds may be requested for art murals on the façade of a business or commercial building. Preference for murals to be completed by local, minority/immigrant/women artists. If an applicant intends to do a mural, please review the mural guidance and connect with Julia Moore, Director of Public Art, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-631-3301 x 240 to discuss mural plans (see Murals and Public Art Guidance attached)
- Façade improvement grant applications that have a support letter from the local community development corporation will be more competitive.